Bytes and Bites - Tech, Internet, How Tos, Reviews, Food and Life

Tech, Food and Life. Where passion comes to life.

New Year. New Beginning, New Computer

Written by Christopher Kia on 7:43 PM

New Year
Happy New Year 2008 everyone! Here's wishing you the very best for the year ahead! As for myself, I am really looking forward to what God has in store for me this year. I always believe that with every new year, we should dare to dream bigger, reach further and bounce back stronger from our failures and disappointments the year before.

New Beginning
My little niece (my first one!) Sarah (1 year old on 29th December 2007) walked for the first time on New Year's Eve! What a day to make your first walk! I'm so glad that I took out my phone and started recording the precious moments that night! Check out her videos below:
*Warning: Very Very Cute Baby Video Ahead*



New Computer
After weeks of thought, my father and I have decided to get a new computer, and we got it on New Year's Day! Our ol' ye' faithful Pentium III family computer (bought back in 2000) has been serving us faithfully since. However, it has really shown its age lately and there were two instances where it failed to boot from the hard disk, potentiating loss of vital data. My dad, being an avid and enterprising options trader ;), decided to give his trading sessions a boost in performance and productivity, apart from preserving valuable data. Two weeks before, we've got a good deal for two Dell wide LCD monitors (one 19" and one 22") online during the PC Fair period. Here's the specification for my new family desktop:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz
ASUS P5GC-MX Motherboard
2 x Kingston 1GB DDRII 667Mhz
Western Digital 250GB SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Panasonic DVD-RAM 20x Multi-Drive
Power Logic Azzura 2000 450W Casing

I got the PC, two Dell wide LCD Monitors and even a Logitech QuickCam IM webcam (video conferencing with my dear parents now possible..woohoo!) for just under RM3000. That was a really good deal!! I had a fruitful Christmas and New Year tech shopping after all ;)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 2 comments: Responses to “ New Year. New Beginning, New Computer ”

  2. By FengY on January 9, 2008 at 3:31 AM

    wah, I want monitors also! donate la some inches to mine :D

  3. By Christopher Kia on January 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM

    Lol fengy!

Welcome To Bytes and Bites!

Christopher Kia. Passionate, loves tech, yummy food and wants to live his life purposefully. A medical student who spents most of his time in hospitals running after his team of doctors. Otherwise can be found sleeping in his room. Supports Nike, IKEA, Mac, Dell, Mozilla Firefox and also Windows XP (not Vista!). Blogs mainly about his life, findings regarding computers, technology and the internet that he finds interesting and also food, glorious food. His dreams are to join the Amazing Race and also set up a medical center one day. Oh by the way, he is the author of this blog. Support him by telling him what you think about his posts and blog! Come back for more updates!

Google